Welcome to our API documentation. Here you will find details about each of TeleSign’s current APIs.
The docs for each API are organized like this:
- Overview - The first page for each API provides a brief description and links to other pages in the section.
- Get Started - This is a more detailed overview page providing general API usage requirements, and links to guide pages for each API action.
- Guide Pages - Each of these pages describes a particular common use case or API action, and many provide you with an API Explorer to try out the API yourself. If you have TeleSign credentials and we have enabled your access to that API, you can use the API Explorer to send a test request here.
- API Reference Pages - These pages provide full technical details for an action, and are sub-pages under the guide page for that action. These pages include all the request parameters and response properties for that action.
TeleSign API List
You can either get to the documentation for a specific API using the navigation to the left or using the links below. These APIs are organized into Communications, Verification, and Mobile Identity categories.
TeleSign’s communications APIs allow you to easily send alerts, reminders, notifications, and marketing messages. You send them through a secure platform that offers direct carrier connections, global carrier data, and telecom fraud expertise.
- SMS API - The SMS API is the perfect API for sending simple alerts, reminders, notifications, and marketing messages.
- Omnichannel API - This API allows you to enrich user engagement with advanced features. You can include pictures, GIFs, video, and more. If your message with Rich Communication Services (RCS) features cannot be delivered, the service can automatically fall back to delivering an ordinary text-based SMS.
- Bulk SMS API - The Bulk SMS API allows you to send SMS messages in bulk. You may send up to 1000 messages at a time. It is specifically for sending bulk messages to do with alerts, reminders, notifications, or marketing.
- Number Masking API - The TeleSign Number Masking API enables you to mask phone numbers, safeguarding user identities with anonymized communication experiences between two parties.
- Voice API - The Voice API is a flexible and powerful API that allows you to set up IVR systems. You can create outbound calls, receive inbound calls, set up click-to-call, perform a cold transfer, set up survey after call, and create anonymous 2-way voice.
- Phone Numbers API - Use this API to find and lease phone numbers that can act as a TeleSign sender ID. You can lease numbers, cancel leases, and retrieve a list of any numbers you have leased from TeleSign.
TeleSign’s Verification APIs make it easy for you to set up two-factor authentication (2FA).
- SMS Verify API - The SMS Verify API is the perfect API for sending OTP messages. You can generate your own verification code or have TeleSign do it for you. This API offers predefined templates that send the OTP message for you. You can also create your own OTP message if you choose to override the templates.
- Voice Verify API - If you want to send OTP messages using voice, the Voice Verify API is designed for that. You can generate your own verification code or have TeleSign do it for you. This API offers predefined voice templates that send the OTP message for you. You can also create your own OTP text-to-speech message if you choose to override the templates.
- Companion APIs for SMS Verify and Voice Verify - To retrieve the status of individual transactions and send completion data, TeleSign offers these APIs to be used alongside SMS Verify and Voice Verify:
- Phone Numbers API - You can use TeleSign’s Phone Numbers API to look for voice eligible phone numbers that can act as a sender ID. You can lease numbers, cancel leases, and retrieve a list of any numbers you leased from TeleSign.
- Get Status API - The Get Status API is for use with SMS Verify and Voice Verify. You can use this API to retrieve status results for an individual transaction as long as you have the reference ID.
- Completion API - The Completion API is a lightweight API that is ideal for submitting completion rate information on high volumes of transactions. Completion rate information for a transaction is a way of telling TeleSign that you received a voice or SMS message, indicating that the transaction was completed. Providing this information allows TeleSign to monitor route quality and provide the fastest, most high quality routes for your messages.
Mobile identity includes all of TeleSign’s data products. These APIs deliver actionable insights that enhance and protect every stage of the customer experience. They include:
- PhoneID API - The PhoneID API returns standard available data about a phone number. You can then include various add-ons that will give you additional data about a phone number. Add-ons include:
- Contact - Allows you to retrieve the name and address associated with the phone number you submit, without requesting explicit consent from your end user.
- Contact Match - Allows you to compare a name and address for a submitted phone number in your request with a name and address on file with the carrier and return a score referred to as a match score that tells you how close a match was found.
- Contact Plus - Allows you to directly access a subscriber’s name and address on file with the carrier (only available if you have explicit consent from the subscriber). The response includes details about the subscriber who owns the phone associated with the phone number
- Device Info - Allows you to provide an end-user phone number and receive its phone manufacturer and model to detect fraud or understand the value or risk of the device holder and adjust content and marketing strategies per device.
- Number Deactivation - Allows you to find out whether a phone number has been deactivated, when it was deactivated, and by which carrier the phone number was deactivated based on carriers’ phone number data and TeleSign’s proprietary analysis.
- Subscriber Status - Allows you to provide an end-user phone number and receive their current carrier subscriber status (prepaid or postpaid; active, suspended, deactivated; account type; primary account holder; length of account tenure) to understand the strength, value or risk of a user.
- Porting History - Allows you to retrieve details about where a phone number was ported.
- Porting Status - Allows you to find out whether or not a phone number was ported to a carrier and who the current carrier is based on the mobile country code (MCC) and mobile network code (MNC) returned in the response.
- SIM Swap - Allows you to determine whether or not the SIM for the phone number has been swapped and how recently the swap occurred. TeleSign evaluates how likely it is that the SIM swap was for a fraudulent reason using a scale from 1-4.
- Score API - You can use the Score API to submit a phone number and get back a score that tells you how likely it is that the number is used for fraudlent activities.