Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Survey a Customer
With TeleSign’s Voice API, you can set up a survey after a call. A common way of doing a survey after a call is to play a message asking a customer if they would mind staying on the line after they finish speaking with an agent. If the customer agrees, at the end of speaking with an agent, they are cold transferred to a survey asking questions.
TeleSign calls have a maximum call duration of four hours.
To implement a customer survey with TeleSign’s Voice API, you must have the following:
- TeleSign credentials - your customer ID and API key
- TeleSign phone number - you must purchase a TeleSign phone number to use as a callerID. You can do this using the Phone Numbers API. Refer to the Get Started with the Phone Numbers API page.
- Set up the Perform a Cold Transfer use case.
- For details about supported standards and codecs, see Supported Standards and Codecs.
- If you plan to use events posted by TeleSign as a trigger for what action to take next with a call, you need a customer event URL on your server for TeleSign to post event information to. For more details, refer to the Set up the Customer Event URL section on the Voice API Reference page.
- If you want to make choice about how to handle a call without needing an event posted by TeleSign as a trigger, you will need to review:
Implement a Survey
This use case builds on the Perform a Cold Transfer use case. To get started, set up that use case. Then return here.
Imagine that agent C from the credit card company in the Perform a Cold Transfer scenario asks the caller to stay on the line for a survey, and the caller agrees. The agent hangs up. TeleSign posts a
call_leg_completed event to the credit card company’s server using the customer event URL provided by the company. The server responds by requesting the
play action using the
collect_digits option. You can repeat this cycle until you have asked all your questions and collected information.
Refer to the Stream Audio and Collect Digits page for details about the play feature and how to set up to collect digits.
This section offers some suggestions for next steps to take.